The age of the Universe is a major area of disagreement between Biblical Creationists and those that believe it is billions of years old. “Old Earthers” include Evolutionists, Atheistic, and religious, and Old Earth Creationists. I believe in a young Earth because of what the Bible says, but I want to understand it using science. Here are three scientific explanations that Young Earth Creationists use.
1) Decreasing the speed of light. When God created light on day one, the speed of light was almost infinite but has slowed to its current speed today making all distance measurements using light speed significantly overstated.
2) Creation with the appearance of age. Creation was made fully functioning, and the light from long distances was put in place at the moment of creation, just
3) Young Earth Cosmology developed by Dr. R. Humphreys, published in “Starlight and Time.” Using Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity and changing the assumptions from the “Big Bang” model he creation of a young universe that appears old. To get the equations to work for the Big Bang a series of assumptions (parameters) have to be set in the equations. These are; the 1) Universe contains no boundaries, 2) size is infinite, 3) has no edge, 4) no center of mass, 5) uniform distribution of matter, and 6) no net gravity effect. These assumptions are in direct contradiction to scientific observations. For example, it is VERY lumpy and does NOT have a uniform distribution of mass. When you set parameters in Einstein’s theory to conform to observed science, you get a young expanding Universe that appears old.
Here are two Biblical reasons I believe in a “Young Earth”:
1) The Bible is clear that death is a direct result of Adam’s sin, yet allcause they are accommodatingGod would have used death and struggle as a POSITIVE process to make progress in all the old Earth scenarios. That’s what evolution and NOT what the Bible says about death. A God, who uses death, is NOT the God of Scripture!!!
2) At the end of each Creation day, God says his process is good. At the end of the sixth day, Scripture says: “Then God saw everything that He hath made, and behold it was very good.” EVERYTHING was VERY GOOD. This expression implies a perfect Creation with no sin, death, rebellion, etc. “Old Earth” processes have the fall of Satan, death, sin, and all other kinds of imperfection present before the end of day six implying that the clear statement of Scripture either wasn’t “everything that He had made” or it wasn’t “very good. You can’t have any sin before the end of the sixth day because it’s in direct conflict with the clear words of Scripture.
Lesson: A young Universe, about 6,000 years old, is both Biblically and Scientifically sound. Christians can believe it with confidence.
NOTE: This material is excerpted from my book ANSWERS For ”The Hope That Is In You” Get your copy at http://yourchristiananswers.com
To get my weekly blog “like” my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Charlie-Liebert-1603534356575541/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
To get video, answers to your questions go to http://www.sixdaycreation.com
My Amazon Authors page http://amazon.com/author/charlieliebert
LinkedIn Author page https://www.linkedin.com/today/author/charlie-liebert-30b3195
Contact Charlie at email@example.com or 336-337-4975 (call or text)